I’ve been helping Jess with her Hera Syndulla cosplay and the last big part before we left for Hal-Con was the flight helmet. No where on the internet could we find the files to 3D print it so we turned to our incredibly talented friend Matt. In addition to knowing his way around 3d modelling
I’ve hit an exciting milestone in the process. I “think” the dome is finally sanded to the point I’m happy with it. The process of sanding, filling, priming, repeat is pain staking… I’ve spent so much time on it after a while you just feel like you are wasting time. It can be hard to
I am pretty excited this morning. My helmet is printed! Well… minus to minor parts that sit inside the helmet to hold the tinted visor. But I can start to assemble the helmet to ensure everything fits together. I plan to do a dry fit, using the square tabs the masterful 3d artist who made
The weather has been rather cold as of late. That means my basement is at uncomfortable temperatures to be doing anything productive in it. While I’ve done a bit of sanding on the Sith Mask, I’ve not made much progress. I’ve sanded stuff upstairs in the past… it’s messy… so I try not to do
While I am still moving projects forward there isn’t much exciting to share. My Mando helmet is around 75% printed, which is exciting. I’m having some problems with cracking in prints, I’ll share what I’ve been doing to fix it in a later post. I’ve started the process of filling and sanding the Sith Mask.